Thursday, September 6, 2012

My new skincare Philosophy

I recently decided to take the plunge and invest in some decent skincare. Philosophy had been a brand I had heard raved about on blogs and YT, however I wasn't sure about it's availability in the UK. This was all until recently I was delighted to see a big new display in Debenhams. 
Philosophy 'Purity' one-step facial cleansing wash - Debenhams, £17 for 240ml
To sample the brand I decided on the Purity one-step facial cleanser. I am quite sceptical of brands that claim to cleanse/tone/moisturise/removemakeup/eveneyemakeup but I can honestly say that this one lives up to at least some of its claims. This is undoubtedly the first facewash that just melts away my full makeup without leaving anything behind, even eye makeup. Despite this I have a bit of a soap-in-eyes phobia so I will be buying an eye makeup remover, it is nice to know this works though, in the case of an emergency! It is a moisturising wash, however there is still a definite need for a moisturiser after- saying that I do suffer from dry skin. I haven't noticed this breaking me out in the past 2 weeks of use, nor particularly clearing up my skin. I could be going through a purging phase though, overall I am very impressed!
The lady at Debenhams saw me eyeing up the rest of the skincare range and kindly filled my bag with some more goodies.
Hope in a Jar moisturiser: Generous sample that I have now finished. Seriously considering buying the full size of this although it did sting my eyes a little, however this could just have been my clumsiness.
I haven't used my Eye Hope eye cream or The Microdelivery Exfoliating Facial Wash yet, I will include them in another post when I get round to it.

To finish off my new facial routine, I need some advice from the beauty-savvy girls that read this. Can any of you recommend me any amazing moisturiser suitable for normal to dry skin? I don't mind a splurge!

xxxx







10 comments:

  1. ah i adore using purity :).. i have pretty oily skin so im not sure on moisturiser for dry/ normal skin, but i know that Liz Earle do great ones and benefit do for dry/normal skin xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me tooo!! its lovely :o) ooh I'll see if i can gather some samples of those :) thanks babe! xxx

      Delete
  2. ooh I love philosophy Ive never tried the skincare but the shower gels are amazeee! I've got normal/dry skin and like the oilatum natural face repair moisturiser Ive repurchased it loads and its only £7 xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to get one of the showergels, they're much dearer than the ones I normally get from Asda though ;) Oh fabulous babe I'll check it out xxxx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely :~) Just now read about it at Megan's Scholar Lifestyle blog too... will surely give this a try soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my purity, took me a while to get use to the smell of it but I don't think I'll use anything else

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my first time i visit here. I discovered so numerous interesting stuff in your weblog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all of the enjoyment here! maintain up the great work.
    skin rejuvenation

    ReplyDelete
  7. Youre so cool! I dont suppose Ive read anything like this before. So nice to find somebody with some original thoughts on this subject.
    Breast Enlargement

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think, lovely ladies... <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...