Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Most Important thing about Make-Up? Taking it off!!

I never really intended to write about skincare on my blog as I am not a beautician and I have no idea about what different skin products will do for different skin types. However I wish to share the cleansing system I have been using for over 6 months. My skin type is dry and sensitive, if you are similar this could work for you!
The line up: Simply essentials cleansing wipes, Simply essentials 2-in-1 make up remover, Fresh essentials eye makeup remover, Soft essentials cleansing milk & Fresh essentials toner.
Fresh essentials is geared toward Normal/Combination skin
Soft essentials is for Dry Skin
Simply essentials is for Sensitive Skin
I did not intend to mix these up, I have just purchased these over time and they work for me!


Simply Essentials Wipes: These textured wipes are very thick and full of moisture. These are great for throwing in your handbag if you are staying over somewhere.

Simply Essentials 2-in-1 Make Up Remover: This product is relatively new to me so I cannot comment on the long term effects. It is made up of a blue oil and cleansing water. The idea is that you shake it up and pour it out onto a cotton wool pad. I do like this however it is a bit of a pain that if you do not act fast the oil floats to the top and you are left with that, ugh!


Fresh Essentials Eye Make Up remover: This is not my HG eye make up remover as it does still leave traces sometimes. However if you lay a cotton wool pad soaked in this on your eye for a few seconds, it does do quite a thorough job!
Soft Essentials Cleansing Milk: This was the first product I ever bought from this line and I have repurchased countless times. It is a very gentle, moisturising prouduct that literally ploughs through any remaining make up. I usually cleanse once to remove traces of make up and once more to cleanse my skin.
Fresh Essentials Toner: This is the final step of my makeup removal routine, I have tried harsh toners in the past however this one has never made my skin sting, so I like it!

What do you think about the Garnier line of skincare?
Do you own or have you tried any of these?
H xoxo

5 comments:

  1. I have a very different type of skin type, although it is very sensitive too. I have combination/oily skin and it is very acne prone. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it :-) I am very particular about removing makeup too! I dont like gel or oily makeup removers, so I have found that AHAVA works beautifully. for cleansing my skin i usually use ole henriksen and dermologica products. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Garnier skin line. I used it for years. I was using a cleanser and toner but i switched to Lush which helped my dry skin a lot more.

    I still use a Garnier moisturizer though, it's never broken out my skin which they usually do. It's super light and smells so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Charlene you are welcome! There is so many different types of skin problems, hope you find something that works for you :o) xxx

    @Megan oh lovely, I will check out those brands! I want to try dermalogica however it is so expensive here :( I feel the same as you about oily face products, that is why I am not keen on the make up remover as it turns to oil in seconds :( xxx

    @kenzie oh really? I may try some lush if they are good for dry skin, my skin can be terribly dry, so much so that my skin soaks up my foundation sometimes :( I used to have the moisturiser too but I have switched to e45 lotion recently as my skin is so sensitive!

    Thank you for commenting :o) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the eye make-up remover. It's especially good for when I'm having an allergy attack and my eyes are sore, it's the most soothing item ever.
    I really love Garnier, but is it just me or have the prices slower become higher and higher?
    Katie x

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think, lovely ladies... <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...