Thursday, October 14, 2010

MAC 187: How I Use Mine

The MAC 187 was the very first "expensive" brush I ever bought. It cost £29.50 and I purchased it from Selfridges on a trip to Manchester this summer. Extensive research went into my buying of this brush, as I have bought several make up brushes in the "classic" shape, just like the MAC 190, and have been extremely dissatisfied by it. I found my make-up got clumped in the fibers too quickly both wasting product and requiring constant cleaning. Grrr. :(

I have quite bad skin in that it's all different colours, pink/reddish and yellow-ish in areas,
as well as extremely sensitive. After effectively making my skin oily and spotty for years using Elizabeth Arden compacts, I switched to No.7 (UK brand available in Boots) Mousse foundation in Almond. I highly recommend it as it combines coverage with the foundation without being heavy on the skin. I must point out, though, it is NOTHING like Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse.. *shudders*
Plus, bargain price also of €15! It can be a little cakey if applied with your fingers but it's perfect with a brush. Enter my beloved 187.

The official MAC blurb is:
"A large full circular brush used for lightweight application and blending of face powder or pigments. Use to create soft layers or add textures. Made from a soft blend of goat and synthetic fibres."
- www.MacCosmetics.co.uk
The lovely white bristles on the brush do not remain perfectly white for long at all though, regardless of extensive cleaning! :(
Anyway this is how I make maximum use of my 187, for both foundation and blush - in one sitting!

Firstly I apply the foundation to the brush, then apply to my face.
Then, I take my pack of Primark Beauty 4 in 1 Deep Facial Cleanising Wipes
*N.B. I would never use these wipes to remove make-up or on my face in any way. I tried them one weekend when I had no cleanser with me. Major breakout alert! I think they're far too harsh on skin (they even smell all chemical-ly) yet at the bargain price of €1.50 (£1?) for a two pack they are perfect for cleaning brushes.

Then I just wipe the remaining product off my brushes using them.

You'd be seriously surprised about the amount of product remaining. Imagine if that was carried over to your next application- stale make up... Yuck!

Next, I have two choices. If I want a bright cheek colour I keep the brush in its damp state and apply my blush to it. If I'm going for a more demure look I rub the brush against a towel to dry it.
*The shade used in the picture is MAC powder
blush in Fleur Power.
Then repeat the process with a fresh wipe.

Hopefully one day I will be able to purchase the 188, a mini version of the 187 for my blush *sighs*... until then... :o).
Cheeky!!
Hannah xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think, lovely ladies... <3

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...